David K asked in HealthMental Health · 3 years ago

Growing 2 inch taller after 30 years old?

I think I grew 2 inch taller.. I'm 30 years old.. I've always been 5'3 short... Today, I measured myself, and I'm 5'5 short... Only thing I can think of is I changed my diet by eating cleaner and doing cardio jogging 5 miles a day at the beach.... Is it possible I am a late bloomer? I didn't even think about sex or attracted to woman until I was in my mids 20's.. People say I look way younger for my age... Honestly, after highschool I pretty much never wake up in the morning.. Always had a good night sleep, well rested sleeping 8 to 10 hours a day, waking up in the afternoon.. Also, I'm self employed, so I don't get much stress from a 9 to 5..

You are maxed out.

You are either terribly confused... Or you are a really bad troll. No one at age 30 grows in height. That's not possible.

• Shanna

You're not 5'3 or 5'5 "short" LOL

The best time to measure yourself is in the morning because your spine compresses during the day and can make it seem like you're shorter than you actually are.

Measure yourself when you first wake up. Then measure yourself in the afternoon and then again right before you go to sleep. I bet you'll get "shorter" every time.

Your growth plates fused together years ago. There's no way that you grew.

• Mike G

No.

It is far more likely you didn't measure yourself correctly. You should have long stopped growing by 30, and no "late bloomer" isn't a likely variable.

If you actually grew 2 inches in the last year or so, at age 30 you need to see your doctor and have your pituitary gland checked out.