Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 3 years ago

Are you more fertile after a natural miscarriage?

I know its questionable with D&C because its more invasive on the utuerus. I am asking if anyone has read or was told anything substainal about increased fertility after a miscarriage that was expelled by the body?

I naturally miscarried a blighted ovum today. It sucks but I am feeling confident about planning a new pregnancy. Since my body seemed to handle everything rather well. But yeah, I am going to try again as soon as I am done bleeding.

But anyways, I ask mostly out of curiosity. I research everything and have been just getting dead ends with google on this subject. Maybe one of you have some good bits of info? Advice is gladly taken too. Thanks.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Unfortunately that is a myth. Normal fertility can return very soon after an uncomplicated early miscarriage (many women ovulate around the same time as they would after a period) but you don't get some sort of super fertile cycle.

Still it is possible to conceive within weeks of a miscarriage - I did.

Some doctors recommend waiting 2-3 cycles after any miscarriage before trying to conceive again, some consider it perfectly safe to try again after an uncomplicated early miscarriage as soon as the bleeding stops.

Do ask your doctor if there is any particular reason why you shouldn't start trying again right away. You can still make your own decision, just make sure it's an informed one.

• Laura
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

You should talk with your doctor first just to be sure that your uterus expels everything and that you are able to get pregnant again.

I have never heard about increased or decreased fertility after a natural miscarriage. Even after an abortion, once the body heals, there is no effect on fertility.

You should also talk with your doctor about diet and supplements that can help.

Your partner should also talk with his doctor about diet or supplements to have a successful pregnancy.

• Shay
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

First of all, you should talk with your doctor about when you should try again.

Second, ovulation is once every cycle. You don't ovulate more than once a cycle, so I am not sure what you think "more fertile" is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.