Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 3 years ago

So about 10 years ago in my early twenties I got a tattoo of my dads name.?

It's across my ankle- It was meant to be an honorable thing -but now several years later I am embarrassed by it- seems a bit creepy. Any thoughts?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago

My wife and are adamant about not getting names on our bodies. No parents, children, siblings or each other. We each have some rather large pieces along with one matching tattoo. It's our wedding date 3/23/1998 in Roman numeral or III · XXIII · MCMXCVIII. It's on our right shoulders. It sounds like you need a cover up.

• Laura
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Its ok to change how you feel about a tattoo, even one that was supposed to be special.

If you want you can get it covered with something else, or you can get it removed.

Personally, I would put a design over it that reminds you of your dad, rather than having his name.

• 3 years ago

Coverup with a new design or laser removal - it's basically your only options but tbh you should never feel creepy having something like this on you.

• Either get it covered with some thing that represents your dad a bit better then that, or get some thing added to the name that reminds you of your dad.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

You can always cover it up, with another design, and then have your dads name tattooed somewhere else.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

you can have it removed or redisigned

• 3 years ago

It is a bit weird, but then again I'm not a fan of any tattoos in the first place.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.