Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Poland · 3 years ago

Help with this English to Polish translation?

Hi,

I'm travelling to Poland soon and have a severe peanut allergy. I have been told to create some allergy cards to show at restaurants. Please can someone let me know if the translation below is correct? Thanks

I'm allergic to peanuts and peanut oil. This can be life threatening. I could die eating this food. Even if the food is cooked and prepared with peanut oil, or if the food comes into contact with peanuts during preparation and serving. Is this meal safe for me to eat?

Jestem uczulony na orzeszki ziemne i olej arachidowy. To może zagrażać życiu. Mógłbym umrzeć, jedząc to jedzenie. Nawet jeśli potrawa jest gotowana i przygotowywana z użyciem oleju arachidowego lub gdy żywność ma kontakt z orzeszkami ziemnymi podczas przygotowywania i serwowania. Czy ten posiłek jest dla mnie bezpieczny?

X

Did you search internet for 'ready made' text cards? I do not know whether they are available for Polish but I do know there are some for other languages.

And some more tips in the answers to this question on an other site:

https://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/46612/f...

If you are serious about this and it is not just some silly troll question, then as it may be a life threatening situation for you, you would be an absolute idiot to trust anything that you read on a site like this. Invest a small amount of money with either a professional translation service or find a friend of a friend etc who is a Polish national and speaks proper conversational Polish to do the translation for you.