Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 3 years ago

Are some people naturally muscular without having to workout?

Like some of those African people who are muscular without working out. Is that muscle?

• Dixon
    Favorite Answer

Yes. I've known two people who had muscles and definition like they went to a gym all the time and they were really slim and fit and yet to my knowledge they never did any exercise. One was a mate of mine at college and the other was the dad of a girlfriend and all he ever did was a bit of DIY and walk the dog.

Yes. As I went through puberty that's how I ended up.

I did very little exercise other than daily kid stuff like riding my bike and skateboarding, I hated football and running. Yet I ended up looking like a mini-"Johnny Bravo" but with better legs.

Sadly that also meant I took my physique for granted and ate and drank as I wished. So by the time I was 25 all the definition was gone and I put on weight.

Nope. Even if you are genetcally muscular, if you stay in bed for extended period of time or if you go into space, you lose muscle mass. Muscular people who are confined to wheel chairs will also lose muscle mass in their legs. Genetics determine how many muscles you have, and testosterone allows more muscles to be built, but exercise, and of course protein, are still needed to build and maintain them.

In their daily lives they're usually required to do athletic feats that some in other countries wouldn't need to do, which helps build muscle. If you're saying can you build muscle from doing nothing, then no, but you can from just living your life depending on what you do.