What should I get for my older sister who is going off to college?

My sister is going off to college soon, and I really want to get her something special and expensive (up to 150 dollars). I don't know what to give her...Please help and give me ideas!!! Thanks

1. A good quality backpack is a great idea.

2. An "office supplies kit" - she'll need school supplies such as pens, markers, highlighters, ruler, stapler, Post-It Notes, 5- subject spiral-bound notebook (with pockets inside front/back cover will hold class handouts), Scotch tape, paper clips & clamps, paper, ink cartridge(s) for her printer, etc. She'll need all of these & costs add up ferociously.

3. Desk set: blotter, paper tray(s), pencil cup. Desk drawer insert to organize supplies.

4. A beautiful sweater or a great pair off boots, or the "hot" designer jeans. Really, really cold winters? A set of silk thermal underwear - silk is less bulky but warmer!

5. If you sew & can make a French bulletin board, or if you can find one to buy, these fabric bulletin boards roll up to fit into her suitcase, then hang on the wall. The ribbons will hold family photos & memorabilia. Cork boards, regular bulletin boards just won't pack & transport well.

Don't spend a lot of money unless it's definitely going to be useful - she doesn't need to carry something with her that won't serve a purpose

• drip

A good backpack that will last her four years there and beyond,

My daughter got a LLBean backpack freshman year of college. She is 27 and still using it when she travels.

Make a family scrapbook. Add in photos of her school’s, your home and yard.

I'd try to find something that she would use everyday or would cut down on other expenses

1. One pot cooker and student cookbook

2. Student discount cards for rail and bus travel

3. Money on her phone for calls and data

4. Some sort of movie subscription service

5. vouchers for a restaurant chain

A gift card for Walmart in a sealed envelope with the words "For emergency use only." written on it.

Well something "unique" you could do a framed picture of your family with a nice note on the back that she can put in her dorm room.

I'm not sure what kind of sister she is an appliances but you could make a fancy "College Survival Pack" with notebooks, pencils, ramen noodles, and all the other basics she might use.