Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 years ago

Why do some people allow religion to make them believe ridiculous things?

I was speaking to my friend the other day who is a Christian. He said that he believes homosexuality is wrong because 'it's unnatural' and that people who claim to be homosexual are 'choosing to be that way and are going against God'. I was utterly shocked by this, because he has never expressed any bigoted views like this before. It just made me angry to hear this, because it is both hateful and stupid- scientists have determined that sexuality is biologically hardwired. So my question is this: why do some religious people believe such stupid things, just because they're written in a ******* book?

Also, he/ lots of other Christians believe all non-Christians will go to hell, i.e. be condemned to eternal suffering, for the same reason. There is no concrete evidence for the existence of any such place, so why allow yourself to believe it?

l'amor che move 'l sole, What's your evidence that homosexuality is wrong? You are one of the exact people I'm talking about: another bigoted, poisonous individual brainwashed by a ******* book which you will use to justify your hate.

Sorry Anonymous, use proper grammar, then I'll consider your point. Oh, wait...

You can read for yourself how God feels about homosexuality. The Scriptures at Romans 1:24-32 tell us very plainly in these words: "Therefore, God, in keeping with the desires of their hearts, gave them up to uncleanness, so that their bodies might be dishonored among them. They exchanged the truth of God for the lie and venerated and rendered sacred service to the creation rather than the Creator, who is praised forever. Amen. That is why God gave them over to uncontrolled sexual passion, for their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; likewise also the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full penalty, which was due their error." Homosexuality is listed in the next verses along with "unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice, backbiters, haters of God, boastful, schemers of what is harmful, disobedient to parents and loss of natural affection." Then verse 32 says: "Although these know full well the righteous decree of God--that those practicing such things are deserving of death--they not only keep on doing them but also approve of those practicing them." There are no minced words in these Scriptures as to how God feels about homosexuality. If you want truthful answers to all of your questions, I invite you to look into the international website, jw.org and Bible Teachings > Bible Questions Answered. Watch videos that answer questions such as: Does God have a Name? (Exodus 6:3 and Psalms 83:18) What is God's Kingdom? (Daniel 2:44 and Revelation 11:15) Why did God Create the Earth? (Genesis 1:20-30 and Psalms 115:16) Why did Jesus Die? (John 3:16 and Romans 5:8-11+18) and Why Study the Bible? (Isaiah 48:17+18 and 2Timothy 3:16+17) If you believe what you learned, you can request your free Bible study online or from the next witness who knocks on your door or by visiting your neighborhood Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. There is never a collection taken at any of our more than 110,000 Kingdom Halls earth-wide. Than you so much for this question.

Homosexuality is not wrong because it's unnatural homosexuality is wrong because it is natural for the lower animals! But we are not lower animals we are creatures created in the image of almighty God. That's the difference there is the lower animals that behave like lower animals. Then there is Man created in the image of almighty God. A supernatural being whose thoughts are higher and whose ways are higher then those of the animals. To lower ourselves down to the level of the animals is it abomination! We weren't created as lower animals we were created high above them to be their masters. That's why homosexuality is wrong.

And I suppose your believing that this universe is real is sane . Now scientist have proven that for anything to exist is impossible .

Your made up religion is clearly far worse.

How can scientists figure out how sexuality is hardwired and yet can’t figure out how the heart starts beating in a fetus?

"I was speaking to my friend the other day who is a Christian." Why do some people say things like "the other day" is a Christian.

And then say things like this: "Sorry Anonymous, use proper grammar, then I'll consider your point."

People lose the message.

it is not ridiculous to avoid sinning...GOD KNOWS MORE THAN ALL HUMANS PUT TOGETHER AND WE ARE TO BE FRUITFUL...THEY CANNOT HAVE KIDS EVEN WHICH IS THE GREATEST JOY GOD GAVE US..

Discrimination comes in many forms.

• ?

If you believe that you are ridiculous.

Homosexuality is wrong. I say it because it is true.