J asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 3 years ago

Dows the Neewer nw-562c flash have an AF light?

Favorite Answer

This is odd in that Neewer's own website doesn't have an owner's manual for the NW-562 as an option to download. Based on specifications that I was able to find, the flash is incredibly weak with a guide number (GN) of only 58.

If you understand that GN divided by the focusing distance, equals the f/stop to be used at ISO 100. Therefore a GN of 58 at 10 feet requires an f/stop of about f/5.6. I would strongly suggest avoiding this model and get something that has a GN of at least 120. At only GN58, you won't have enough power in the flash to bounce the light off of the ceiling of walls.

Instead of the Neewer brand, take a look at the Yongnuo. They're more expensive than Neewer, but much less expensive than the flashes from Canon or Nikon.

Judging by the pictures of it, yes - I can't find a manual or any other information though.