lardell asked in HealthMental Health · 3 years ago

What are some good themes for a memior (about a guy working with an all female kitchen staff)?

Favorite Answer

A memoir is supposed to be true. It's not made up of "themes". Someone did something interesting, and they share it in their book. That's all.

YOUR PSYCHIATRIST CAN HELP YOU WITH THAT.

• Andrew

One message that I wish would resound with you is that most people who set out to write a book have some idea of what they want to say. Writing is a form of art. I'm not suggesting that every oil painting or song ought to have meaning to give it some intrinsic sense of worth, but you seem to be obsessed with the idea of writing this book despite the fact that you don't have anything to impart to the reader. Your experiences are not particularly interesting, there's never been anything that might qualify as being even remotely noteworthy in any of the rambling questions you've asked. There are plenty of books out there that are devoid of meaning, but so long as the quality of the craftsmanship holds up, they can still be engaging and enjoyable to read. You don't have anything meaningful to say and you couldn't write your way out from under a carport, so why would anyone want to read whatever drivel you might offer up IF you were to ever take a break from asking these idiotic questions and actually go out and write the damned book? The answer is NO ONE WOULD WANT TO READ ANYTHING WRITTEN BY YOU. If I were to ask your old co-workers, I'm sure that, if any of them were to even remember you in the first place, they would recall that you were insanely boring, petty, pedantic, annoying and a chore to deal with day in and day out. That's how we see you here on this forum as well.

Nope