Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 3 years ago

Does it sound silly to go to the emergency room for ekg because of periodontal gum disease?

I'm in my twenties and suffer from aniexty and lately I been thinking I have heart disease and I'm scared I want to go but I'm already labeled as an aniexty patient there an have went alot in the past I want to call the ambulance cuz I think I'm going have a heart attack from it

once they have your info emergency rooms label u. Once I went to another emergency room and they still found out about my mental problems. I have an illness but am not taken seriously because I have a mental health past.

For gum disease, see a dentist. For anxiety take vitamin B and ashwagandha. Do not go to emergency unless you have a real emergency situation.

yes it would be silly. You are not going to have a heart attack, you dont have heart disease-it doesnt spontaneously arise. You do need to see your doc and discuss this anxiety. He can do an ECK in the office. An ambulance will be thousands and at some point you will start getting ER bills. You do need to address your anxiety, fast.

I know you're anxious, I have severe anxiety too and have worked myself over about having a heartattack but truth be told—its just your head freaking yourself out. You're going to be okay, you will not have a heart attack. If anything talk to a counselor or go to a centre care instead of the emergency room.

Do NOT go the ER for an EKG. You can probably get an EKG at your doctor's office (many internists and family doctors have an EKG machine in their office suite). You can wait until Monday to call your doctor because you aren't going to have a heart attack this weekend.