How do you self teach yourself to play the guitar?

I've been trying to teach myself to play an acoustic guitar for 3 months now. Despite spending hours and hours per week, I feel like I haven't made much progress. Like my fingering is alright and I know all the basic. But if I want to play a song, I have to look up the tabs. I want to know how to play by knowing the chords and read music. This is my first instrument so I don't know how to read music but I've been trying to learn for some weeks now. Anyways how would you guitar players out there recommend I start learning? Also, any good resources? Thanks a lot!

Favorite Answer

try yousician app, i have been using it to learn the guitar as well

• Benito2 years agoReport

I used it for a while too. It improved my fingering but I think it already assumes you know how to read music.

I would highly advise learning from a professional, this will get you to where you want to be faster, in terms of your playing ability.

Why don't you give the online guitar learning platform 'GuitarTricks' a go, they have a 14-day free trial at the moment, not sure how long it will last

- GuitarTricks 14-Day Free Trial - https://tinyurl.com/GuitarTricks14DayFreeTrial

Get lessons with a professional guitar teacher.

Nope