Anyone on here got any experience with mind machines?

Y'know.. Of the kind that uses both auditory AND visual stimulation, in order to alter your brain waves, and bring about altered states of consciousness... Often syncing up binaural beats, or other types of sound, with immersive visual imagery, that can apparently be brought about through the use of flashing LED glasses, used with closed eyes...

I've heard it can bring about some rather deep trance states, in people that are so inclined! And I was thinking of using it mainly as a meditational aid, in order to be able to go even deeper, when my mind needs that little extra push.. And for psychedelic eye candy, and altered states of awareness.. With the possible extra benefit of better SLEEP, and less insomnia, and decreased anxiety, from what I've heard!

..Anyone got any experiences? Good or bad? That you feel like sharing? They're kind of expensive, but I really feel like purchasing one.. Me excited!! :D

Favorite Answer

I think a lot depends your natural resistance to mind manipulation and hypnosis. I got mine from MindPlace and it definitely had some effect on me like relaxing, putting me in a more alert state when sleepy and even to cause sleep but my mind was too resistant to go into any deep trance, hypnogogia or hypnotic state (unless falling asleep counts). I tried it on my nieces, one thought it was great another no effect at all.

I think there is no doubt, based on testing and evidence, that it works but it is definitely not a "one fits all" solution as far as all claims go.

So, I didn't get all that was claimed but I think it is possible and even likely some will. And I never really regretted buying it. I bought disks and created my own programmes most of which I enjoyed. A couple of programmes did strange "stuff" to my brain requiring immediate shut down so something significant was happening!

Unfortunately, that's probably not the response you want as it will either be good or it won't depending on you.

I was a mind machine of forty tons that traveled about sixty five miles an hour along a highway where other mental activities traveled too. Fortunately I was able to do that for a long time with no accidents or tickets. Now they will have it all done automatically and wont need to meld mind and machinery together like they did in my time.

I learned how to scale and fillet fish while hooked up to one.

Don't mess around with them. They can make you gay.

I saw a binaural beats video on YouTube that promised I'd orgasm in 10 minutes. It didn't work. I haven't tried one for anxiety yet.

No, but my little nephew has a brain toy that lets him move a ball with a special headband.

Experience, no. Knowledge of, yes. 110 hrtz is a currently studied frequency that influences human consciousness in a variety of beneficial ways.

However, a cause for this is yet to be determined conclusively, and studies are ongoing.... Meaning every theist on earth is about to scream at the top of their lungs, "god-dids-it's!!!!!!!"