Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 years ago

Is she being short with me?

I 've not seen my friend for months so i texted her asking her how she is doing, but she replied a day later saying great, hope all is well with u. Is she being short with me?

Favorite Answer

Sounds like she's not interested, but replied to be polite.

• RP

Rather than being short, perhaps she was being distant. You might have replied with something like, I've missed being in touch with you and hope to do better in the future. Her response to that should indicate whether that is something possible, or not.

If you want to know your friend's intention/attitude behind her text message, ask her directly. Only she knows why she responded in this manner. If you do not ask, you can only speculate and assume.

sdvhbvdhf

"hope all is well with you" instead of asking if you are well is a way of hinting they don't want to continue the conversation. This isn't being short with you. Being short with you means being rude with few words. What she said was template polite response, so there's no etiquette misstep in what she said and the timing isn't a problem either. She was brief, but polite.

By the way, a friend going missing for months then saying they're doing "great" doesn't mean they are, and it isn't something you should necessarily leave alone. For example, she might be kind of, or really, depressed. In my experience, someone who is depressed (especially severely) won't say they are.

Maybe.

i dont think so, she mightve been busy

I think that was a very polite reply.

Probably. Maybe try talking to her again, but if you don't talk for months at a time it's pretty hard to maintain a relationship with that friend.

one day later she replies, what do you think ?