Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesLas Vegas · 2 years ago

How much spending money would you recommend for a 10 day holiday in Vegas?

I don’t gamble but I do like to go clubbing and I am planning on going shopping (clothes, make up and shoes) I am going 10 days - please note, I love clubbing but won’t be going out 10 days in row haha!

• MS

No one else can really say, especially since you are planning on going shopping. We don't know what you'll buy or how much you'll buy. There are shops in Vegas where you could spend $3000 on a single pair of shoes.

You can easily spend $150 a night clubbing, and you really should plan for at least $50-75 a day (at a minimum) for food - more if you'll be drinking a lot every day.

I assume you might do other things like gamble, see a show, visit an attraction or museum, and those will all require some funds too.

I know that I could get buy on $300 a day in Vegas but I know that not everyone can.

And FWIW, I'd consider looking into some other things to do on this trip. 10 days is a LONG time in Vegas - there isn't THAT much to do there and it wears on you quickly. You might want to consider an overnight to the Grand Canyon, or even taking some time to drive to LA for a day or two.

I’d bring a few hundred cash and use the ATM as needed. Otherwise, it’s all credit cards.

If you use credit cards, be sure to carry your passport with you (you don’t sound American) as cashiers ask for an ID.

That all depends on what you want to do and how much you will spend. You could take $5,000 and come home broke or you could come back with $4,000. I am one who will spend money on what I want but still would come home with about $4,000, can you?