If we all die and return to the one thing, to where does the one thing return?

Energy cannot be created or destroyed it only changes form. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, cause and effect. I believe in a cycle, of the universe, of life, but what exactly is the nature of us all, separate consciousnesses in this one thing? To me, I feel that in an eternal universe life... show more Energy cannot be created or destroyed it only changes form. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, cause and effect. I believe in a cycle, of the universe, of life, but what exactly is the nature of us all, separate consciousnesses in this one thing? To me, I feel that in an eternal universe life including an exact copy of both this universe and this life is bound to return, due to mathematical probability caused by eternal variation, but is that me again, when the same energy forms the same being, in the same place, at a different time, countless eons in the future? Am I only this one life, all versions of it that can exist, or all versions of all lives that can exist, forever?