Student loan Forgiveness?

So 20 years ago I was the first person in my family who graduated from HS and I decided to go to college. I had no idea what I was doing, didn’t have anyone OR the internet to help me so I went to FMU (which is now Everest?). Again, had no idea what I was doing, so I accepted a $10,000 stafford loan offered to me.... show more So 20 years ago I was the first person in my family who graduated from HS and I decided to go to college. I had no idea what I was doing, didn’t have anyone OR the internet to help me so I went to FMU (which is now Everest?). Again, had no idea what I was doing, so I accepted a $10,000 stafford loan offered to me. I ended up starting a family shortly after so I decided not to attend the school. I didn’t take a single class, nor did I see a single penny of that $10,000. It’s my impression that the school took all of the money. Now, I’ve raised all of my children and decided I want to go to school, but today found out I can’t receive any aid because I have a $10,000 loan in “default” (I think that’s what they said). What do I do?! I definitely don’t have the money to pay for myself to go to college, I am NOT taking out another loan and I’m definitely not paying back $10,000 that I never even used!!! What steps do I take? I, for the 10th time, have NO CLUE WHAT IM DOING! Help!
4 answers 4