Is a random copy of the Sims 3 I found at a Goodwill store safe to put in my computer?

It seems pretty seedy but idk to my understanding commercially pressed discs could be safe? What do you think?
Update: Included are some pics. I didn't meet it in plastic but it is in overall stellar condition. The disc is a bit scratched but seems to be in good condition and the literature looks untouched (no detectable stains, dullness, frayed edges, etc). The little pop out mechanism that secures the disc isn't very... show more Included are some pics. I didn't meet it in plastic but it is in overall stellar condition. The disc is a bit scratched but seems to be in good condition and the literature looks untouched (no detectable stains, dullness, frayed edges, etc). The little pop out mechanism that secures the disc isn't very effective at releasing it, however.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/142345550@N06/?
Update 2: Okay the serial code to register the game was actually valid. I now have $10 worth of free SimPoints (1000) credited to my account and the option to download an entire "free** bonus town!" Not sure if that makes me more inclined or more wary to use the disc as it could have been tampered with and all the... show more Okay the serial code to register the game was actually valid. I now have $10 worth of free SimPoints (1000) credited to my account and the option to download an entire "free** bonus town!" Not sure if that makes me more inclined or more wary to use the disc as it could have been tampered with and all the other stuff left alone to avoid suspicion (paranoid much?). I think I'll change all my important passwords and put it in. Not worth the risk but yolo. *shrugs*
Update 3: Okay inserted disc and downloaded game as Windows thought it was a verified source. My computer did not fart and die so that's good. Currently dealing with a 1.6 GB patch through Origin that at this rate will take far longer than the game took to install. But it seems that everything is fine.