Should I bother trying to apply for FASFA for part time college?

I graduated from high school a couple years ago, and soon I want to start taking a couple community college classes. I don't want to do full-time because I already have a job and I want to build up my savings before moving out from my parent's house. I work part-time but the hours vary between 16 to 32 hrs... show more I graduated from high school a couple years ago, and soon I want to start taking a couple community college classes. I don't want to do full-time because I already have a job and I want to build up my savings before moving out from my parent's house. I work part-time but the hours vary between 16 to 32 hrs a week.

My mom thinks it's not worth trying for FASFA because she doesn't think I'll get anything from it. My boyfriend thinks the opposite. He thinks I could get something for it, but I honestly don't know what to do.

What do you think? Should I try applying anyway?