Husband snoring terribly!!!?

Until we had our first child, I was able to drown him out with ear plugs or noise canceling headphones, and once our baby was born, it was easier for us to just sleep in different bedrooms because I was up often overnight with Baby and he needed to get up for work. I stayed in the baby's room, but now that... show more Until we had our first child, I was able to drown him out with ear plugs or noise canceling headphones, and once our baby was born, it was easier for us to just sleep in different bedrooms because I was up often overnight with Baby and he needed to get up for work. I stayed in the baby's room, but now that she's old enough that I'm comfortable letting her sleep alone in her own room, I want to move back into bed with my husband.

The only issue is that it sounds like he's running a chainsaw right next to my head! I read about how a mother's hearing becomes more sensitive after having a baby, and it just seems like his snoring is either extra loud now or I'm hypersensitive because I'm not sleeping well AT ALL. I don't feel comfortable using heavy duty headphones because I want to wake up if the baby needs me.

Any other mothers deal with this?? Any suggestions? I've asked him to make an appointment with a sleep specialist but that could take ages to get into and I don't want to keep sleeping in separate rooms. I want to sleep next to my husband.