Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 years ago

The trump tax cut, while bringing in *some* extra cash for the working poor, has NOT made their lives significantly better - so what's up?

Update:

A waitress in a small Midwest town who is a widow raising two sons now makes an extra $10 per week because of the trump tax cuts. BIG DEAL?! Meanwhile, the rich are getting millions to keep for themselves and NOT trickle down. What's so great about that???

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago

the ones who have gotten jobs, or better jobs, because of it -- their lives are better.

• TomB
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Speak for yourself...the new Tax Law Brackets, reduction in my Electric Bill and increase in my Retirement Check because of it has made it unnecessary to raise the rent on my Tenants this year.

But if the Progressive Dumocraps in Montpelier don't let the Governor live up to his "no tax increase" promise and use this years surplus for something other than holding down Property Taxes, I may have to re-think it.

• 3 years ago

The POTUS isn't personally responsible for individual citizens cash flow. No matter how many opportunities the Trump Administration creates it's always a persons choice whether or not they will pursue the opportunity for themselves. You are the only person who can make your life significantly better & it has very little to do with how much money you have or don't have

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

More libtard lies.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

What's up is that the Trump economy is booming. Have you noticed that black and Hispanic unemployment is at an all time historic low?

President John F. Kennedy said, as he was signing his income tax cut, said, "A rising tide lifts all boats." Tax cuts do just that.

President Ronald Reagan said, "The best social welfare program is a good paying job in the private sector economy."

I agree.

• BOOM
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Great point. Will the Democrats make that point? NOPE. They're GUTLESS. That's why trump will win re-election.

• david
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

To make life "significantly better" for working poor, (1) they need a better hourly wage. $1 per hour extra is the equivalent of about $2000 per year. $10 per month in the paycheck is not worth mentioning. (2) healthcare --- universal healthcare such as medicare for all would give them relief from worry about the kids getting sick. (3) I don't care about the propaganda put out by Trump and the republicans, the real intent of the "tax cut" was to save millions for the rich.

• 3 years ago

It was meant to make the rich richer not others

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

It is not the Federal Governments job to make peoples lives "significantly better". That is the responsibility of the individual.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Americans are complaining that they are not getting more pay.

Source(s): Rubio says the same thing https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/marco-rubio-t...
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.