Cake deposits?

I’m ordering a custom cake from a place and was just wondering if I put down a deposit would I get that back or would that be taken out of the original price?

• RICK

Example: You order a $100 custom cake, you place a $25 deposit, when you pick up the cake you pay the $75 difference

Takan out of the price.

It should be applied to the cost of the cake.

It would be subtracted from the total due. Wow.

A deposit means that you won't get that money back, but it will be credited towards the total purchase price.

Meaning if the cake is $300 and you pay a $100 deposit, you lose your $100 deposit if you change your mind. But if you take delivery of the cake you will only owe $200 because you already paid $100.

Note: By paying a deposit you are entering into a contract and you may be liable for the whole $300 if you do something stupid like allow them to bake and decorate the cake and then at the last minute not pick it up. You generally have to give proper advance notice if you want to cancel the contract, in which case you'd only lose the deposit.

It is part of the total cost of the cake.

It is accepted as part of the total costs.