How do Christians still deny evolution in modern, civilized, "educated" countries?

It isn't a matter of belief exactly, evolution is proven. I've seen an underground cave with no connection to the outside world where bacteria live on sulfuric acid that would burn through skin. There's fairly good evidence that the proteins and amino acid chains that form them can be produced through things like volcanic currents, lightning strikes, and certain types of clay allow these molecules to line up in the right way, but what I think really does it is the size and eternal age of the universe. Eternal variation. I believe in an eternal, cycling universe, the big bounce theory, stars and black holes, hot energy expands, cold energy contracts, an exact opposite to every action, cause and effect, what goes up, must come down, then it goes back up again, through the violent smashing together of the black holes from the last universe. I actually believe that due to this endless variation, I have lived an almost infinite amount of lives, talked in an almost infinite amount of different languages, believed an almost infinite amount of crazy religions, had an almost infinite amount of girlfriends or wives and children, who themselves had an almost infinite amount of children, because that's what comes from the chaos of quantum mechanics. I think it's a thing, but Einstein called it God, and so do I sometimes, it's just that the word comes with a ton of ridiculous preconceptions, and it's best to avoid it, because while you could call the universe God, it's the universe.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

I've studied it in depth. It violates so many scientific principles as to require more blind faith than I could ever muster.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 years ago

"How do Christians still deny evolution in modern, civilized, "educated" countries? It isn't a matter of belief exactly, evolution is proven." No, atheistic evolution has not been proven, dear one. Evolution cannot be duplicated -- it is not science and cannot be proven. The evidence supports theistic evolution. It also supports creation spanning billions of years. It just isn't there for atheistic evolution.

Every imperfect system that is not maintained degrades and fails with time. Life is no exception. Life could have persisted through billions of years only by God maintaining it. There's no other reason why life should have gone against the trend, going from simple to complex, and from chaos to order.

"I've seen an underground cave with no connection to the outside world where bacteria live on sulfuric acid that would burn through skin. There's fairly good evidence that the proteins and amino acid chains that form them can be produced through things like volcanic currents, lightning strikes, and certain types of clay allow these molecules to line up in the right way, but what I think really does it is the size and eternal age of the universe." No, none of those is evidence, much less proof.

"Eternal variation. I believe in an eternal, cycling universe, the big bounce theory, ..." No, if the universe had ever collapsed in a "Big Crunch," there would be nothing left but black holes and leaking matter.

You're welcome to your beliefs and your assumptions, but they're not nearly as well supported as you like to think they are. The universe is not God; God created the universe.

• 2 years ago

Evolution is a theory based many times on faulty information. Perhaps, you should try and not deny the existence of Christian researchers like the Institute of Creation Research and Answers in Genesis and do a little educated study of your own instead of making false generalizations. Educated does not mean not Christian. That is a faulty assumption. Many of the greatest scientists of all time like Newton, etc. were Christians. Even Einstein said, "God does not play dice with the universe."

• 2 years ago

And I thought I was dumb. You win the prize.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

people are christians and STAY that way due to a lack of ample education.

education allows people to see reality for what it is,

stop thinking imaginary creatures are real, and grow up

and away from silly cult belief.

• 2 years ago

The majority of us Christians have accepted evolution as a part of God's design for over fifty years. Where've you been?

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • ...Show all comments
    • Laura
      Lv 6
      2 years agoReport

Do some research. Greek Orthodox is a different denomination than the Catholic Church. Also, not all members of the Catholic church condone the repulsive actions of some priests.

• 2 years ago

Most of the minority who reject evolution have simply never bothered to take a look at it without their pre-determined conclusion.

Actual biologists with decades of experience have been trying to poke holes in evolution for over a century. They can't. But somehow they think some apologists with degrees in biblical studies or philosophy can...just because they repeat the same things they already believe.

They insist it must be some grand satanic conspiracy that all scientists are in on... For some reason...so that their ancient book can be correct.

They are well-meaning, but ignorant people who do not have either the training nor the inclination to critically consider their own position or to consider the evidence without their conclusion already made.

• Laura
      Lv 6
      2 years agoReport

Jason, evidently you don't know the meaning of illiterate.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

no

• 2 years ago

Most don't.

• ...Show all comments
    • The White Rabbit
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

Oh I agree, but the creationist loonies on this site do not represent the majority. Here in the UK you will be hard pressed to find one of these cranks.

• 2 years ago

What do you mean by modern...Because people have flat screen tv's?

Educated? Oh a fancy degree? Wear a suit and tie, speak the kings English and pass fancy tests that make you think that you're smart? Give me a break

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.