(old school) hp ati hd radeon 7450 graphics card installation problems?

im trying to put this darn card in a bs emachine 1852g sff win7 x64 pc.. yea i gotta use the dvi-i outlet, which is where my problem is, i believe. everytime i put it in, the pc gives me a black screen.

cable: dvi2hdmi adapter connected to card, hdmi cable 2 1080p monitor. ??????
HELP!!! lol
Update: -the only option thru BIOS is under -onboard integrated graphics- (enabled) and i cant change it. went into device manager and disabled the onboard graphics, went to BIOS; and its still unavailable to select. -isa slim form factor pc, one pcie slot, and 1 other slot. -even tho the specs for the card says 18w MAX... show more -the only option thru BIOS is under -onboard integrated graphics- (enabled) and i cant change it. went into device manager and disabled the onboard graphics, went to BIOS; and its still unavailable to select.
-isa slim form factor pc, one pcie slot, and 1 other slot.
-even tho the specs for the card says 18w MAX .... i think i need a bigger psu (idk) ...
-pc no 'beeps' when turned on; while card is plugged in, w/ get a 'no source' message on monitor. (yes i plugged the monitor into the card)
Update 2: this is a dual monitor capable dvi card .... ive seen a dvi splitter cable but i do not have ....
could this be responsible for the fallacy?
either that adapter split cord or the psu is my problem, from what i know.