Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 2 years ago

BEST PLACES TO LIVE IN FLORIDA?

-Somewhere fun (nightlife, clubs, bars)

-Somewhere close to a beach with nice apartments under $1,000 a month

-Nice area

-Warm weather (not too humid)

-Education (colleges)

-Expenses?

-Good beaches, good people (more of like colleges students rather than retired people)

*Me and my bestfriend are moving to Florida from New York in about a year and we have no clue where to live, We'll both be 21 by the time we move. I love Miami but don't really want to live there because of tourists and crime rates. We also don't want to live in Orlando, I love Fort Lauderdale, I stayed in Oakland park and loved how there was so much to do....Basically we don't want to live somewhere boring we need help lol.. Thinking about fort Lauderdale and Jacksonville, maybe Tampa?

((: please help lol, Anything helps!

Favorite Answer

Your criteria are unrealistic for a state that is mostly coastline and in the deep south (humid), and whose largest industry is tourism.

I live in the panhandle (between Pensacola and Panama City) on the Gulf Coast and LOVE it here. However, it IS very humid.

Somewhere fun (nightlife, clubs, bars) - we have that here, all along the "Emerald Coast"

-Somewhere close to a beach with nice apartments under $1,000 a month - You can find places to rent here for under $1K/mo but I don't know what you consider "nice". The closer to the beach, the more expensive it will be. You can get good deals on condo rentals in the off-season, and be right on the beach, but not during the shoulder or high seasons.

-Nice area - Emerald Coast

-Warm weather (not too humid) - see my comment above (ALL of FL is humid...all the US south is humid)

-Education (colleges) - we aren't a college town but there is higher education accessible from this area and we do have a small college locally (NWFL State College)

-Expenses? - it's cheaper to live here than NY

-Good beaches, good people (more of like colleges students rather than retired people) - our beaches are gorgeous with sugar-white sand and emerald green waters. People come here on vacay and many come back to stay permanently. We have a high military presence due to having several military bases from Pensacola to Panama City (at least 5) so there are people of varying ages, with a higher population of retirees being in the southern part of the state.

near the beach

Hot

• Greg

Nice, lots of nightlife, near the beach, in florida, good area, under $1,000 per month. LMAO

There is no place in Florida that does not have high humidity.