Is Beef stew without red wine still good?

I’ve never cooked beef stew before but I want to try. A lot of recipes I’ve looked up have red wine and I’m a bit unsure about using it. Neither me or my family drinks so I’m worried adding wine will ruin the whole dish together. However a lot of recipes recommend using it since it gives the stew a deeper flavor... show more I’ve never cooked beef stew before but I want to try. A lot of recipes I’ve looked up have red wine and I’m a bit unsure about using it. Neither me or my family drinks so I’m worried adding wine will ruin the whole dish together. However a lot of recipes recommend using it since it gives the stew a deeper flavor and makes the meat more tender and I don’t want to miss out on something potentially amazing.

Does the stew taste different with red wine? Can you taste the red wine when it is used? Is the stew still good without it?