Do younger Americans (i.e. under age 30) have a generally negative opinion of Indian people, culture, and India?

I ask because on sites such as Reddit, most users are young and mostly American, and whenever India or Indians are the topic, more often than not I see some extremely vitriolic comments and sweeping generalizations about India and Indians, with positive comments being a small minority. This shocks me because I do... show more I ask because on sites such as Reddit, most users are young and mostly American, and whenever India or Indians are the topic, more often than not I see some extremely vitriolic comments and sweeping generalizations about India and Indians, with positive comments being a small minority. This shocks me because I do not see such dislike towards anything Indian in real life, and if anything I see younger people being more positive than older ones. But people could just be polite in real life. So I am wondering if the extremely negative sentiment online users have towards India and Indians is more representative of what Americans, even younger ones, "truly" think.
5 answers 5