How long does it take fish to heal from fish inflicted wounds?

i have 3 golden barbs and the 2 males have been competing over the female (i didn't know she was female until recently) and one of them has been attacking the other and he is in bad shape. they are split up now (the female is still in the tank with my danios as she was stressed so we thought best not to move... show more i have 3 golden barbs and the 2 males have been competing over the female (i didn't know she was female until recently) and one of them has been attacking the other and he is in bad shape. they are split up now (the female is still in the tank with my danios as she was stressed so we thought best not to move her, one of the males is in my old tank and the other is in a plastic bowl until we can get a tank divider) and i am wondering how long it will take his wounds to heal. also is there anything i can put in his water to help?
Update: i only noticed yesterday and we thought he was shedding scales from the stress of having there tank moved for the first time the other week