Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

What is the penalty for not doing what the Christian God tells you to do?

77 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Something to do with volcanoes I think.

• Carym
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

The Bible is very clear as to the: 'whys' & 'whats' AND 'hows' & 'whens;' AND not to forget the 'Woes' & 'Wrath.'

Throughout the church history (the past 2000 years) the Lord has always made known to His people impending times of trouble, and given them time to prepare (or escape).

But, if anyone has such a high opinion of his own wisdom to try to understand the Bible without the help of the Holy Spirit; OR if his worldly wisdom teaches him that these things are not worth his investigation, he will be stripped soon of all his false pleas and condemned by his own mouth.

[Matthew 11:15] "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

Truth demands attentive and intelligent ears; e-a-r-s worth having, {not 'Spock' ears} taking in the words and their import.

Nobody (not even you) would love to experience God's "Divine Wrath" (His righteous anger and punishment caused by sin), because you wore the wrong ears... [Luke 13: 27-28].

• 2 years ago

Since He offers you salvation from sin, if you refuse then you will die in your sin and it is sin which will cause you everlasting suffering in the searing light and glory of God.

You will not be able to escape your burning conscience, guilt, shame and self loathing, and the gnawing worm of self reproach for refusing salvation will eat at you forever.

The enormity of this is demonstrated in that salvation was not possible except Christ should come and suffer and die and be raised again to newness of life, which life you wilfully reject because you insist upon your sin and indulgence.

There would be absolutely no point nor reason for Christ to come and suffer so much in taking your sin upon Himself if these things were not so, and this reason alone none can sensibly refute.

• 2 years ago

Love God Praise Him

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

James 4:17 says that if someone knows how to do what is right and does not do it, it is a sin for him.

Romans 6:23 says that the wages that sin pays is death.

Some churches and religions believe that when an unrepentant sinning person dies, his soul is tortured in fire forever and ever. This idea does not come from the Bible, but from Babylonian, Greek, and Roman mythology. In the Bible it is a matter of studying the original words, and their meanings. The Bible word for fiery hell is Gehenna, and it refers to the second death, the everlasting death from which there is no further resurrection.

Some atheists feel that since they believe that when you die, you die, so might as well live your life the way you want to, and then you die.

I won't buy that. I want the promise that God provides, and he has given us an idea of what living FOREVER in a peaceful world would be like. Also, following his moral direction, which is based on LOVE, makes this world a better place for me and for those who I meet.

I am not trying to save the world, some rich people imagine that donating a lot of their money to the evils of the world will help to eliminate them save the world. But even though they have the money to give, a lot of people are out there who will try to get it for themselves. So, donated food is stolen by greedy people who sell it on the black market. Also, the administrators of many charities get a huge chunk of the money meant for the poor and hungry, and that money lines their pockets.

That is why I point people to this promise of a better world, which is made possible through Jesus Christ and the kingdom, which he taught that we must pray for and seek first.

So, the penalty for unrepentant sin is everlasting death. But God promises a better system of things, and everlasting life, with righteousness. If that is what we want, then through faith and obedience in Jesus Christ, that is what we can get.

Matthew 6:33

“Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you.

2 Peter 3:13

But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell.

Revelation 21:4

And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

• 2 years ago

it depends on the offense. For putting a stumbling block in front of one of Jesus little ones, "it would be better for that man if he were never born."

• Lv 5
      2 years agoReport

Explain my accidental birth then...

• 2 years ago

Death

• 2 years ago

Nothing.

• 2 years ago

Ultimately, failed reconciliation with our Heavenly Father and Creator and exclusion from His future paradise and kingdom. The arrangement for reconciliation is Jehovah’s loving gift for mankind. As the scripture records: “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16, NW) So, if we chose not exercise faith in God, and thus disobey his righteous commands and principles, we lose our opportunity to enjoy the gift he offers us! For example, 1 Corinthians 6:9 teaches, "Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom?"

I hope that helps! To read more, feel free to visit the website below! It contains hundreds of Bible-based references that can help us understand what God requires of us, how we can benefit, and how God rewards!

Source(s): jw.org
  • Hari
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

According to the Bible, the most famous penalties for not doing what the Christian God tells you to do are stoning to death and burning in hell.

• labdoctor
      Lv 5
      2 years agoReport

Where in gods name are you getting your information?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.