Was I wrong to ask my friend about this situation?

Basically, I'm an immigrant and my cousin from my country of origin came to the US to visit. We were close and we grew up together, however when my cousin came to the US, she spent time with my other cousins in the US and didn't contact me or my family. (Not sure if my father knew she was coming... my mom... show more Basically, I'm an immigrant and my cousin from my country of origin came to the US to visit. We were close and we grew up together, however when my cousin came to the US, she spent time with my other cousins in the US and didn't contact me or my family. (Not sure if my father knew she was coming... my mom thinks he probably did). Anyways, when I found out she came to the US, I didn't care much but it seemed wrong for her not to tell me or my mom considering how much time we had spent growing up together.

So I asked a close friend of mine who is also an immigrant "If your cousin came to the US and didn't tell you she was coming and you found out later... would you be upset?" My friend replied "It depends how close we are." Reasonable answer for sure.

So then when I told my mom that I asked a friend of mine she thought that it was kind of stupid for me to ask a friend about this situation. So, was I stupid in asking a friend about how she would feel if she were in my situation?

Thanks.