New grandmother, help?

So my grandmother died of cancer 3 years ago, right before I graduated high school. Almost exactly a year afterwards, my grandpa got remarried. She immediately just kinda started forcing her way into the family, trying to get myself and my sister to call her “grandma,” trying to get my mom to call her “mom” while... show more So my grandmother died of cancer 3 years ago, right before I graduated high school. Almost exactly a year afterwards, my grandpa got remarried. She immediately just kinda started forcing her way into the family, trying to get myself and my sister to call her “grandma,” trying to get my mom to call her “mom” while she was still grieving the loss of her biological mom, and just generally being invasive. Since then, I’ve hardly been able to talk to my grandpa except for when his new wife isn’t home, because she pulls him away to do other things and to spend time with her family. Now she’s saying that she and my grandpa are going to come down here for Thanksgiving. Now, while I’m excited to see the majority of my Minnesota family, who I haven’t seen in almost 3 years, I’m not exactly thrilled to see her. I just get this uneasy feeling around her. Any encouragement or advice as to how to deal with this situation is appreciated.
4 answers 4