Thrift store collectables , glass figurines and decorations .What is wrong with them ?

I posted a picture of how my living room is decorated and I asked people's opinions on what they would change. Several people said that my living space is too cluttered with "cheap looking thrift store items" I tried to maintain a beach theme for my living room , but according to others , the... show more I posted a picture of how my living room is decorated and I asked people's opinions on what they would change.

Several people said that my living space is too cluttered with "cheap looking thrift store items"

I tried to maintain a beach theme for my living room , but according to others , the decorations all "all over the place" and do not fit into the theme.

What I don't want is for my house to look boring and dull like a doctor's office waiting room.

Even though I asked for other's decorating opinions , It is ultimately my decision on how I feel most comfortable.

What is wrong with over clutter of decorative figurines and items , anyway? Does it make a space look too old and dated like a "grandma's house" look and feel?
1 answer 1