Is my upward grade then notable? Will I be able to get into a highly selective college?

Freshman: 2.3 Sophomore: 4.0 Junior: 4.3 (5.3 weighed because i took all 5 ap classes the school had to offer) Senior: yet to come Will I have a chance to get into some highly selective high schools? The reason why I did so poorly during my freshman year was because I took the fact that my parents were relying on... show more Freshman: 2.3
Sophomore: 4.0
Junior: 4.3 (5.3 weighed because i took all 5 ap classes the school had to offer)
Senior: yet to come

Will I have a chance to get into some highly selective high schools? The reason why I did so poorly during my freshman year was because I took the fact that my parents were relying on me to make it into college because all 4 of my brothers couldn't, they didn't have the education I had (we're parents of first generation immigrant parents). I was very stressed and it caused me to lose sleep and have horrible appetite. Starting in Sophomore, I stepped things up because I started to note that my failures don't define me, I don't KNOW if I'm gonna be declined from college, but all i can do now is take the hardest classes I can in an effort to make my parents proud. I joined Quiz Bowl, Science Team, Ice Hockey, Biology Club, Computer Science Club, a female-only STEM club, and a Robotics club. I spent a whole year in each club either at the same time or in different points in my school year. Judging based off my club choices, you can say I'd like to go to MIT or major in Biomedical science at Stanford. Despite my very low Freshman GPA, will I still be able to get into a good college?
Update: I also play 5 musical instruments and have over 300 community service hours.
1 answer 1