Why does my finch do this in the evening?

I recently got a bengalese finch and a canary and they live nicely alongside eachother. The cage we have them is plenty big enough and my finch doesn’t do this in the day. But In the evening, he starts flying rapidly from perch to perch and landing on the cage bars, sometimes flying at the canary who usually sits... show more I recently got a bengalese finch and a canary and they live nicely alongside eachother. The cage we have them is plenty big enough and my finch doesn’t do this in the day. But In the evening, he starts flying rapidly from perch to perch and landing on the cage bars, sometimes flying at the canary who usually sits on the swing to avoid the chaos, trying to knock her off. Any clue why this is happening, these are my first small birds, my other being a Timneh African Grey, and I just want them to be happy so just wondering whether the finch is doing this for fun, or whether he’s unhappy, if he is what can I do to change this? Obviously I have no problem with him doing this (I mean he does annoy the canary) but don’t want him to be doing this due to unhappiness.
3 answers 3