Does retail corporate ever side with customers in situations like this?

I’m a TJ Maxx cashier. Yesterday, my coworker was taking care of a woman’s return, which she had purchased with a Visa gift card. Problem is that Visa gift cards are non-reloadable so we had to give her back store credit. But she was arguing that our policy doesn’t say that directly. So we called our manager over... show more I’m a TJ Maxx cashier. Yesterday, my coworker was taking care of a woman’s return, which she had purchased with a Visa gift card. Problem is that Visa gift cards are non-reloadable so we had to give her back store credit. But she was arguing that our policy doesn’t say that directly. So we called our manager over to further explain why we have to give her store credit. Again, she was arguing that it’s not in the policy, threatening to report us to corporate, taking pics of the policy with her phone. In the end, she spitefully agreed to just return all her items for store credit, telling us we just lost a customer. So we said, okay have a nice day, and with an evil smirk, she said, “Oh I will”, thinking she’s about to get us in deep trouble! But honestly, does corporate ever side with customers like this, especially if she spins the story around?