Career change in police ... im 29 years old...?

Ive always wanted to become a police officer but i got sucked into the wrong crowd as a young teen and early 20's, I lost myself and my goals. I have tried drugs but never got addicted, im clean. I have no criminal record and ive always kept in shape. At the age 21 i found a gf, she put me on the right track.... show more Ive always wanted to become a police officer but i got sucked into the wrong crowd as a young teen and early 20's, I lost myself and my goals. I have tried drugs but never got addicted, im clean. I have no criminal record and ive always kept in shape.

At the age 21 i found a gf, she put me on the right track. I went back to school and graduated as a graphic designer through trade, Ive been working ever since. Im great at what i do and i managed to work my way up to a graphic director. I love my job, great pay but again, ive always wanted to be a police officer.

At 29, i feel as though this is truly the last chance i have to give this a shot, go back to school and purse a dream of mine.

Im in good shape, dont do drugs and i only have a high school diploma.

Keep in mind that, the police academy is a 3 years course. I will be graduating at 31, 32 years old.

Will i have a shot at getting a job at that age? Am i wasting my time? Any police officers who can give me advice and or anyone ever go back to school at 29 ?

THANKS!!!