What can we do about a nightmare daycare situation?

My husband and I love our children very much. Recently, his mother has been threatening to take our children away for various reasons. She says we are not raising our daughter to be a lady because we allow her to wear pants. She owns a daycare that we had been sending the children to, so she decided to tell us... show more My husband and I love our children very much. Recently, his mother has been threatening to take our children away for various reasons. She says we are not raising our daughter to be a lady because we allow her to wear pants. She owns a daycare that we had been sending the children to, so she decided to tell us that our son has not pooped at her business in the past 17 business days. She wants us to give him laxatives, but he poops fine at home. She visits our daughter's school unannounced because she has a friend who calls her and tells her we have our daughter dressed like a hoodrat (no dresses, just graphic tees and jeans). Every day, she comes up with a new accusation and picks at us until I'm driven to tears. We tried to pull our son out of the daycare, but we were told that because he is special needs, he has to be in a care facility. If not, we are being neglectful. We've been looking for other facilities, but hit a snag in finances due to a family death. I'm at wit's end. We love our children. We just want them out of this toxic environment, but I'm scared she'll take them because she can afford a way better lawyer. What should I do?
5 answers 5