Do you think drug users should be punished so severely?

I think someone who gets caught using drugs like heroin coccaine and meth should be made to go through drug classes, rehabilitated and educated on why they drugs are bad, and maybe even get mental health treatment. Punishing people for using drugs is not the answer and I’ll tell you why. People get thrown into... show more I think someone who gets caught using drugs like heroin coccaine and meth should be made to go through drug classes, rehabilitated and educated on why they drugs are bad, and maybe even get mental health treatment. Punishing people for using drugs is not the answer and I’ll tell you why. People get thrown into prison for drug use since it’s a felony. And many of these people end up much worse when they get out of prison than they did when they first entered. Because now these people are convicted felons and can’t get jobs since no one wants to hire a convicted felon. Therefore they will do the only thing possible to get money, and that’s committing more crimes. Prison does nothing to correct people and make them better, it just turns criminals into more dangerous criminals. And then they return to prison which overcrowded the facilities. This needs to change
19 answers 19