How do I gauge how a phone interview went?

I found a great entry level opportunity in my hometown on linkedin. The job had been posted on linkedin 10 days prior to when I saw it. I checked the e-mail that I use for job applications and found that BOTH hiring managers had contacted me stating that this new position was posted and that I should apply. A... show more I found a great entry level opportunity in my hometown on linkedin. The job had been posted on linkedin 10 days prior to when I saw it. I checked the e-mail that I use for job applications and found that BOTH hiring managers had contacted me stating that this new position was posted and that I should apply. A phone interview was scheduled with both hiring mamagers (position at Mayo Clinic). The phone interview was scheduled from 3:30 - 4:00 on a thursday (5-10) afternoon. The questions were pretty broad and seemed to be intended to see how much I was interested in the position. I did find it a bit difficult to describe some of my completed projects since I didnt have a whiteboard to draw the circuits on... The hiring managers said that I was the first candidate that they had interviewed. The phone call ended after 35 minutes with the hiring manager stating that they would comtact me in 2-3 weeks. I felt that some of my answers weren’t the best that they could be. I do have a high GPA from a renowned university which could help in the long run? Guess I’m looking for input on similar situations that you may have experienced and how they turned out (second round interview, job offer, etc). I sent a follow-up email the day after the interview with a few pictures of one of the projects that i created as well as a technical writing sample. I sent this email on friday (5-11) but havent received a response (I dont necessarily expect a response).
6 answers 6