When should I buy a car - December 2018 or January 2019?

I'm planning on purchasing a Chevy Bolt 2018 @ MSRP of $38K in California.
Update: Its eligible for $7.5K federal tax credit, $2.5K state rebate plus additional $2K (because my teaching salary is <300% of fed poverty level), and $500 PG&E credit. I'm also a teacher and a masters student, which qualifies me for both the discount for educators and students at Chevy = ~$2.5K. Grand... show more Its eligible for $7.5K federal tax credit, $2.5K state rebate plus additional $2K (because my teaching salary is <300% of fed poverty level), and $500 PG&E credit.

I'm also a teacher and a masters student, which qualifies me for both the discount for educators and students at Chevy = ~$2.5K.

Grand total $15K off the MSRP.
Update 2: HOWEVER, I will just be starting work again in August 2018. So when I file my taxes for 2018, I will barely owe anything meaning the $7.5K rebate will amount to basically nothing (I anticipate getting most if not all of my taxes back because I am a student currently and will make barely anything in the 4mo of work... show more HOWEVER, I will just be starting work again in August 2018. So when I file my taxes for 2018, I will barely owe anything meaning the $7.5K rebate will amount to basically nothing (I anticipate getting most if not all of my taxes back because I am a student currently and will make barely anything in the 4mo of work I do at the end of the year).