I dont understand this physics question?

I did an AS physics past paper and on one of the questions I got wrong, I dont know why it is wrong. I couldnt get the screenshot to work so I have attached the link to the paper and it is question 33. I chose B because I thought if current is increasing, the load resistance must have decreased as the resistance of... show more I did an AS physics past paper and on one of the questions I got wrong, I dont know why it is wrong. I couldnt get the screenshot to work so I have attached the link to the paper and it is question 33.
I chose B because I thought if current is increasing, the load resistance must have decreased as the resistance of the cell is constant so if the load resistance has gone down, that should mean the cell receives a larger share of the emf so voltage across the cell would go up. So I chose B but why was the correct answer A?
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/sample-papers-and-mark-schemes/2016/june/AQA-74072-QP-JUN16.PDF