How do I make good and soft baked potatoes in the oven. Whenever I have tried to make baked potatoes in the oven, they either are under?

cooked, or the skin becomes very hard. Unfortunately, our microwave is broken, because when I microwave them, they turn out great - cooked quickly and the skin is nice and soft. So I have to figure out how to bake them in the oven, until I get a new microwave. 1. So do you have any tips on making nice and... show more cooked, or the skin becomes very hard. Unfortunately, our microwave is broken, because when I microwave them, they turn out great - cooked quickly and the skin is nice and soft.

So I have to figure out how to bake them in the oven, until I get a new microwave.

1. So do you have any tips on making nice and soft baked potatoes in the oven? PS... And any knowledge why the skins on the oven baked potato come out so hard, and More Important ... how to prevent this? Thanks.
Update: IMPORTANT: THERE HAVE BEEN SOME PEOPLE WHO HAVE ANSWERED THIS QUESTION VERY INCORRECTLY, SO I DONT WANT OTHER PEOPLE TO BE MISLEAD WITH THE WRONG ANSWERS.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THAT POTATOES NEED TO BE COOKED 2 OR MORE HOURS.

AT MOST, ONE HOUR -- AT MOST.