How do I overcome travel envy?

I get very envious of people who travel a lot, because I hardly ever get to travel (I only find myself on a plane once every 3-4 years, and have never been on a flight longer than 5 hours). I have a friend whom I've known for 9 years now who has traveled all over Europe. She's the same age as me (20 years... show more I get very envious of people who travel a lot, because I hardly ever get to travel (I only find myself on a plane once every 3-4 years, and have never been on a flight longer than 5 hours). I have a friend whom I've known for 9 years now who has traveled all over Europe. She's the same age as me (20 years old), but she travels so much more than I get to (I've only been out of the country twice in my life). I also had many teachers in school who've traveled so much and have done so many adventurous things, and I envied them because my life has not been very adventurous. I've lived in the exact same home my entire life and am very sick of it. I badly want to travel to Europe and do a lot of scary adventurous things, but I feel like it's never going to happen, so I want to know how to stop envying people who have done them. What do I do?
32 answers 32