Politically how selfish is it to just have a billion dollars, let alone ten or a hundred billion?

It's kind of one thing if you had some sort of plan to do something good for the world, help people, set up a charity, help a large family, build a business that did something to help and employ people, but for one man? I worked out that I would need two million to not have to work or get any sort of... show more It's kind of one thing if you had some sort of plan to do something good for the world, help people, set up a charity, help a large family, build a business that did something to help and employ people, but for one man?

I worked out that I would need two million to not have to work or get any sort of assistance for the rest of my life, and that's just living off the interest and donating the capital to charity when I'm gone, which is probably thirty or forty years. I'm halfway there at least.

I have a quarter of a million in my house, I may have a million one day, once I build in the back yard, and I wouldn't mind having ten times more, I can see why people would want that, but then when you see people starving and suffering around the world, when you have way more than you could ever use, or which could reasonably be spent without being disgustingly decadent, it just seems to be ridiculous.

Some of these people claim to be Christian and have ideas of being good people, whatever that means. They also have this idea that these billionaires had to work hard to get their money, but how much harder do you think they work compared to someone who digs ditches in Bangladesh or in their sweat shops in the Philippines?