Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 years ago

Is it better to eat 6 small meals or three big meals to lose weight?

I have been eating three small meall. I eat snack in between sometimes like today I had a snack in between breakfast and lunch.

I feel like I have a hard time eating all my calories heoughout the day when I eat six small meals(meaning breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack) I find myself not as hungry when I eat six small meals therefore I don’t eat all my calories but when I don’t have a snack in between, I get hungry and have whatever meal is next. I eat really healthy and it’s all natural earthy foods. I only have one type of “processed food” which I am almost done eating and then I’m not eating it no more. They are morning star veggie patties. But other than that I eat super healthy.

Favorite Answer

Whatever works for you

• Kano

We burn fat/lose weight, when our blood glucose levels are low.

By eating 6 small meals your glucose levels will never be low.

Even eating 3 meals a day is unnatural, humans for most of their existence were hunter gathererer's, and one meal a day after a successful hunt was normal for them.

Intermittent fasting is the most successful way to lose weight.

It is better if the total caloric intake stays the same because your body has more time to use up the energy it just took in, so it doesn't get stored as fat.

If you aren't as hungry, maybe change what you are eating. Things with healthy fats, for instance.