How to create an invisibility effect?

So I have a short movie due for my film class and we all agreed to have a scene where a girl turns invisible. (One of the requirements is that we need to use 'impressive' visual effects) We believe turning the girl invisible and making her clothes stay (and move) is impressive enough. We are having quite... show more So I have a short movie due for my film class and we all agreed to have a scene where a girl turns invisible. (One of the requirements is that we need to use 'impressive' visual effects) We believe turning the girl invisible and making her clothes stay (and move) is impressive enough. We are having quite some trouble though. How do we do that? The closest I've been is create a static invisible woman shot but this is completely CG and because I created this all in a basic program (SketchUp) it's really hard to make the girl move around (by really hard I mean impossible).

What we're looking for is an effect like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4m3sfcwYSE at 0:06 until 0:10 Notice how her arms are still there and they're moving. This indicates that they shot the original and used some CG to replace her head and recreate(?) the background.

The reason why I put a '?' after recreate is because I assume they do that. I doubt that they make two shots in order for the background to be the same. That being said, what puzzles me is that they lighting will take a lot of time to work and look good and on top of all that, what program do I use to achieve this effect and more importantly, HOW do I achieve this effect.

Please give me more than 1 suggestion, as we want as many suggestions as possible.

Thank you in advance.