What kind of prayers will God not answer?

Favorite Answer

The Bible is very clear concerning what we are allowed to ask for.

John 14 is Jesus speaking to the apostles (last supper discourses), keep the latter is mind since it is the mindset of our Lord.

Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me; John 14:1.

Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father; John 14:12.

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son; John 14:13.

If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it; John 14:14.

When we take the above verses out of context we attempt to believe that anything we ask for, material wealth, secular gain are allowed.

However, it is very important to imagine our Lord at the last supper speaking to the apostles as to what is important.

Reviewing the above we are left with the thoughts of our Lord's ministry and how it must continue.

Therefore, our Lord is emphasizing the skills required via grace, hope and mercy without fear to extend His words to the furthest reach - have faith in me to do my work!

Furthermore, our Lord never placed any value on the materialism and/or secularism of the World - in truth He opposed it.

HOW ABOUT THESE HISTORICAL EXAMPLES?

*** Bible Citations ***Isaiah 1:::( this when Jehovah God used the Israelites to clear the wicked out of the promised land the renounced wickedness they practiced :

9 Unless Jehovah of armies had left us a few survivors, We should have become just like Sodʹom, And we should have resembled Go·morʹrah. 10 Hear the word of Jehovah, you dictators of Sodʹom. Pay attention to the law of our God, you people of Go·morʹrah. 11 “Of what benefit to me are your many sacrifices?” says Jehovah. “I have had enough of your burnt offerings of rams and the fat of well-fed animals, And I have no delight in the blood of young bulls and lambs and goats. 12 When you come to appear before me, Who has required this from you, This trampling of my courtyards? 13 Stop bringing in any more worthless grain offerings. Your incense is detestable to me. New moons, sabbaths, the calling of conventions —I cannot put up with the use of magical power along with your solemn assembly. 14 I have hated your new moons and your festivals. They have become a burden to me; I am tired of bearing them. 15 And when you spread out your palms, I hide my eyes from you. Although you offer many prayers, I am not listening; Your hands are filled with blood. 16 Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Remove your evil deeds from my sight; Stop doing bad. 17 Learn to do good, seek justice, Correct the oppressor, Defend the rights of the fatherless child, And plead the cause of the widow.” 18 “Come, now, and let us set matters straight between us,” says Jehovah. “Though your sins are like scarlet, They will be made as white as snow; Though they are as red as crimson cloth, They will become like wool. 19 If you show willingness and listen, You will eat the good things of the land"

(James 4:1-3) “4 What is the source of the wars and fights among you? Do they not originate from your fleshly desires that carry on a conflict within you? 2 You desire, and yet you do not have. You go on murdering and coveting, and yet you are not able to obtain. You go on fighting and waging war. You do not have because of your not asking. 3 When you do ask, you do not receive because you are asking for a wrong purpose, so that you may spend it on your fleshly desires. . .”

• hugo61oi32 years agoReport

historical and you quote the bivle, clown

• Al

God won't answer a prayer from the Ego mind, because the ego does not know what it needs, it only knows gratification of the 5 senses, the ego makes you forget that you are a spirit in the first place, and our spirit is linked thru the holy spirit who knows our needs because he is our communicator with God.

the selfish ones

• 2 years agoReport

Like, "Please heal my child's cancer"?

Prayers of persons who believe that a god exists.

• Fuzzy
      2 years agoReport

Funny! So now he answers those that don't believe in him, i.e., according to your statement.

• Althea

God doesn’t answer the prayers of those who rebel against him according to Isaiah 1:15.

Ones where a positive response wouldn't be good for us. Prayers for things we can and should do for ourselves.

Selfish prayers. Like gimmie, gimmie, gimmie.

• yesmar

That which Is impossible for him to do or that which would go against loving someone.

• Den B7

God answers all prayers. Try praying for a million dollars and I guarantee that God will answer your prayer.

More than likely the answer will be, "No," but "no" IS an answer.

John 14:13 ...I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

• Kazoo M
      2 years agoReport

Sadly, you have taken the verse out of context - try reading from verse 1 - 14 (John 14).

Easy.

The prayers of the wicked.

• Lv 5
      2 years agoReport

Boogey boogey