Are you supposed to separate chicken leg quarters?

I normally buy chicken leg quarters frozen in the ten pound bag. It's usually the cheapest chicken and since I normally cook for just myself, a ten pound bag has about ten servings in it. During the fall, winter and spring, I usually roast them one way or another, one at a time, so one bag will last me almost... show more I normally buy chicken leg quarters frozen in the ten pound bag. It's usually the cheapest chicken and since I normally cook for just myself, a ten pound bag has about ten servings in it. During the fall, winter and spring, I usually roast them one way or another, one at a time, so one bag will last me almost 2 months.

But now my gf's wants to see my apartment, so I invited them for dinner.

I'm planning on making lemon pepper chicken, using a bottle of lemon pepper marinade.

I'll also be serving crescent rolls, Garlic Herb Brussels Sprouts, mixed green salad, and an Italian Cream Cake that I'll get from the bakery section of the supermarket.

I had Easter lunch with them. I know I can't outdo her mother's cooking, so I'm not trying to do a lot of from scratch cooking. I'm getting a meal on table, and I know I can execute this one very well.

But back to my question. When it's just me, I bake the leg quarters in once piece and season it with whatever I have on hand. A lot of times it's just garlic powder. But I know the lemon pepper marinade will work very well.

But if I'm making it for company, should I separate the thigh from the drumstick or serve it as one piece. I know that it gets kind of messy when eating it as one piece (with my hands). but you're not going to use a knife and fork on drum legs and thighs even with company are you?