Homelite gas string trimmer won't draw fuel?

Was working fine last season. I let it run out of fuel as I am supposed to do. But now with fresh gas in the can it will not even draw gas into the bulb. This machine only has one season use from new.
Update: Problem solved. Somehow, the primer bulb had deformed itself out of the groove it seal in. Fixed that and the engine starts better and better each year. Today was wild-fire-prevention equipment day. Chainsaw also a problem. Lawn mower may be toast. Pearl, if I could afford it I would not give it to a... show more Problem solved. Somehow, the primer bulb had deformed itself out of the groove it seal in. Fixed that and the engine starts better and better each year. Today was wild-fire-prevention equipment day. Chainsaw also a problem. Lawn mower may be toast.
Pearl, if I could afford it I would not give it to a mechanic. I would hire someone to do the clearing for me. I may at least price it. But the weed whacker does most of the grass fire work.