Eating Pop tarts and losing weight?

I'm 13, Male, and 5'2 and 98.5 lbs . Here's my routine 11:30 Sleep, 7:20 Wake. When I wake I do literally 5 mins of cardio just to burn a little fat before eating breakfast btw. Then I go eat my breakfast 1 - 2 eggs, a green smoothie, and an apple or some berries. Lunch - Apple and water (its school lunch don't plz butcher me theirs nothing healthy) K dinner I allow myself 1 packet of pop tarts (cherry) and I eat it right when I get back from school so before 4 so sugar wont affect me to much then I usually have a small portion of dinner which my mother makes and is usually things like tomato soup, sphagetti ( yes sphagetti...) or salad, chicken breast, etc. A small portion though. I've been doing this for a week and lose like 0.3 - 0.5 pounds a day! oh and here and their I will get about 30 minutes to an hour of running around and being a kid. so some physical activity. I used to be 110 pounds and then I got to 100 and couldn't do healthy eating anymore I had to allow myself a treat a day. Anyways I'm getting close to my goal (85 lbs) and summer is getting close so I need to work hard and know what I'm doing. How am I losing weight and will I gain it back) btw my metabolism is pretty good I'm not fat because of a slow metabolism I just used to live in england for a year where no kids were in my neighborhood and ate reeses all day and play video games...

My question will I gain the weight back? and "Any tips?"

• .
    Favorite Answer

As mentioned, you do not need to lose weight. A 5'2" male should weigh at least 112 lbs, per the source site. As a minor, you could be a little under that and be okay, but clearly you have no real concept of what 'fat' is or what it looks for feels like to be a fat person (someone carrying considerably more adipose tissue than is recommended for their height and body type).

1. FYI, 5 mins of cardio isn't revving your metabolism up to burn any significant amount of calories. It doesn't hurt to get your blood pumping and muscles warmed up, but you're not making any real difference when it comes to calorie burn or making up for whatever calories you intake at breakfast.

2. An apple isn't a meal, it's a snack. Meal fail. If you can't get anything healthy at the cafeteria, then carry lunch with you. Your school doesn't offer any kind of baked or grilled meat and veggies as lunch options, ever? Surely it's not all fried meat and choice of white potatoes or white rice.

4. Pop tarts are junk. You pretend to be worried that school doesn't offer anything healthy at lunch, then you eat junk for a snack. The sugar in the pop tarts affects you the same, regardless of the time of day you consume it.

5. Your dinner sounds okay (I'm sure it's more healthy some evenings than others), but your overall lack of good nutrition and calories will cause your metabolism to slow because you aren't feeding your body enough (especially a growing young body).

You should consider working out with weights and putting on some muscle, if you're so worried about your appearance. A muscular guy who is fit is far more appealing than a skinny/bony guy. Same goes for girls. Having some shape and a nice figure, looks much better than being a pencil.

The max recommended weight for a male your height, with a large frame, is 130 lbs. Not knowing your frame size, can't say exactly how underweight you are, but suffice to say even if you have a small frame and you weighed 130 lbs, you wouldn't be 'fat', but you would be carrying some extra weight.

FYI, if you want to ensure your body grows to its maximum potential height, the way to do that is to make sure you get PLENTY of healthy food during your growth years. You've got until somewhere between age 17 - 21 to get your height in, so make sure you give your body the best opportunity to reach it's max, instead of half starving yourself so you can be underweight (which is more unhealthy than overweight).

• .
      2 years agoReport

One pop tart now and then isn't going to hurt. Eat healthy. Lean protein, fruits, veggies, healthy fats, complex carbs, & lots of water. See freedieting.com for "Daily Calorie Needs" calculator for a calorie guide. See youtube for bodyweight workouts & ones with weights/bands, to build muscle.

• cat

5 minutes of cardio when you wake up doesn't burn fat. It may get your heart rate up, but you need to work out longer than 5 minutes for your body to start kicking into its fat storage for fuel (aka burning fat).

Your breakfast sounds very healthy and balanced. Lunch is way too light, in fact it's not even considered a lunch. Your pop tart snack has no nutritional value whatsoever. inner sounds OK - not great but not terrible.

If you're losing weight, then you're not eating enough for your body.

Pop Tarts are LOADED with sugar kiddo, that's NOT going to help you lose weight. I would suggest making an appointment with a dietician and with a physician.

• brother_in_magic
      2 years agoReport

Did you not read how much he weighs and how much he wants to be. The kid has a disorder.

You don't need to lose weight.

• I know it's more of looks then health though please answer the question. sorry if that came off as rude

Just wanted to say that I'm doing this for myself not for others. I don't have a disorder like anorexia and am doing it to feel better about myself. Summer is coming up and everyone goes to the pool including me I don't wanna be a fat fuq.

• brother_in_magic
      2 years agoReport

Yes, you do,I'm afraid. You are underweight & trying to make yourself the weight of a 9 yr old. A boy should have about 2000 calories a day.A CHILD and that's what you are, should not be dieting. Where the hell are your parents? You are in serious danger of both stunting your growth 7 ending up ill