I asked my Sunday school teacher how we know the stuff in the Bible is true and he told me "we know it's true because it's in the Bible"?

Is this a good argument?

103 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

Yes, because God gave us His words. The prophets of God have never been wrong and God either told them what to write or showed them a vision and told them to write what they saw. The Bible says, "God gave his word to Jacob." Jacob is Israel the Jewish people and these faithful Jewish people carefully recorded the writings of the Old prophets in the Old Testament. Noah came through the flood and Noah knew what Enoch had told him about the world before the flood. Enoch knew the stories of the beginning. It is said Moses wrote Genesis, but Moses had to be told what to write because Moses was not in the beginning. God told Moses what to write. Just as God told John what to write in Revelation. God said write what I tell you or write what you see in a vision I give to you.

• Norfolk&Chance
      Lv 5
      2 years agoReport

@Jean - your answer is just what you've been told &/or read. There is no credible evidence to back it up.

• 2 years ago

Well as a child I was taught IN SCHOOL that Columbus discovered America.....

We know this is not true right?

• brother trucker
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

America was never lost, never needed 2 B discovered by anyone. It contained at least 210 nations some of which were much more advanced than anything in Europe.

• 2 years ago

my school teacher taught us that there was nothing miraculous about stories in the bible as science and time have proved and seen all those phenomona since then, the miracle was always purely in the convenient timing like the parting of the red sea and the burning bush. makes more sense to me.

• Al
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

They don't know its true, it is their faith in the words contained within the pages and believing they are the inspired words of God, and by their faith in that premise, they accept that as true even though they have made no sense of certain things (Discernment), they have to be pacifist and accept it as so, because that is what they have been taught in church....... Whereas Jesus says in LUKE 17:21 The Kingdom of heaven comes not by Observation ( Human Eyes ) for behold, The Kingdom of God is WITHIN YOU.....

The Written Word of God is embedded into our spirit because God is in us as we are in him, the only thing outside of that is of the ego which is deception.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Be honest ~ your Sunday school teacher NEVER told you those idiotic words.

You just made it up because your purpose here is trolling and intolerant offense.

Why don't you write something intelligent, or call it a day & go read Donald Duck?

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

She simply didn’t know the answer. She perhaps treats this as any other job and not because she is spiritually inclined.

• 2 years ago

It is a bad answer. I know the Bible in the languages of the original texts is true because God showed me over 20 years that they are true. Some of the translations into English or other languages are not true.

• brother trucker
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

It wasnt true after Nehemiah & the racist, sexist Babylonian school got through with it. These were atheist dictators. They changed the OT completely just as the Catholics completely altered the NT.

• 2 years ago

They will tell you anything to cause you to believe the BS they are selling. Stay away.

• 2 years ago

You cannot know much if you do not know that it is impossible for God not to tell the truth. That is the abysmal level of the Atheists.

• brother trucker
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

Actually Barks right. Hes quoting from the parts of the Bible altered by atheist scribes. Every serious Bible scholar knows this. It has been common knowledge for over 3000 yrs.

• 2 years ago

No, it's a bad argument. Basically, your Sunday school teacher has faith that the Bible is true, so his answer should have been, "I know it's true because I have faith." But, of course, many people, even people who are religious, don't believe everything in the Bible and see it as a collection of stories that are intended to make us better humans and help build a community. And an increasing number of people look at the Bible as merely an old book that explained things (like life, existence, history) before science came along.

• brother trucker
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

I gave U a thumbs up but actually its Gods Kingdom we R 2 B building not a community. God bless.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.